A tradition of success

Company founders Alexander Niedergesäß and Fritz Axthelm

The first chapter in the Niedax success story was written by the engineers Alexander Niedergesäß and Fritz Axthelm. In 1920, they founded Niedergesäß & Co. OHG in Berlin. The company's product range was a response to the rapid growth in the then new electrical industry, and the resulting demand for fastening and routing materials. Five years later, production was moved to Herzberg an der Elster in Brandenburg; "Niedax" was registered as a trademark shortly afterwards. In 1928, the successful pioneers Niedergesäß and Axthelm patented the "Niedax-Hülsen-Spreizdübel" wall plug, which was to shape the company's core business for decades to come.

The company's Berlin headquarters were destroyed in 1944 in the course of the Second World War, and the production site in Herzberg an der Elster was expropriated in 1950. Although the headquarters initially remained in Berlin, a branch was set up in Linz am Rhein in 1948.

From 1 January 1955, the site in Linz am Rhein operated as a separate company: Niedax GmbH. Niedergesäß & Co. OHG in Berlin continued to operate under its original name. The product range was expanded with more patents registered, for example the "Bügelschelle mit dem Hammerfuß®" yoke clamp with hammer foot in 1954.

The production site in Herzberg an der Elster (1936)
The production site and administrative headquarters in Linz am Rhein (1955)
The production site in St. Katharinen (1983)

The 1970s saw a series of key decisions that were to shape the future of the company. A 280,000m² site in the St. Katharinen business park near Linz am Rhein was acquired, enabling an increase in production capacity in the decades that followed. 1971 saw the launch of the cable tray line, the basis for the first step in the move from workshop to industrial-scale manufacturing. The company's own hot-dip galvanizing plant was commissioned in 1975, and this was an important stage in the expansion of manufacturing. Finally, in the late 1970s, all production was moved to St. Katharinen. The administrative headquarters remained in Linz am Rhein, where they are today.

From the mid-1990s on, Niedax GmbH grew rapidly with the establishment of subsidiaries  abroad and the strategic  acqisition of companies both in and outside Germany.

The Group is still 100% family-owned.

Contact

We are happy to provide advice and support:
Service hotline
+49 2644 5606-0

BIM

Niedax is BIM-Ready!
Read more in our
Infocenter!

News & Events

You can find the current news and events in our news and press area.

TRADE FAIR TRENDS

Always up to date: Our new products at trade fairs!

Niedax – A company of the NIEDAX GROUPpfeilgo back to top